This program is offered to:
- Women who are pregnant and/or parenting children aged 0-16 years and whose substance of choice is opioids. This includes opioids that may have been prescribed. We also accept women who are currently involved in a methadone maintenance or Suboxone program. They may also be struggling with their use of other substances as well.
- Women can refer themselves to services; referrals may be accepted from other sources as well
What kind of assistance:
- this is an outreach program delivered across Renfrew County therefore women can meet with their counsellor where they feel most comfortable in order to increase their access to treatment – in an office or in the comfort of their home
- The service is to help mothers reduce or stop their consumption of opioids and/or other drugs, including alcohol, that are dangerous during pregnancy and/or that are getting in the way of her being a healthier parent
- Support; advocacy; assessment; referral; treatment planning; counselling; aftercare
- Services are confidential